Research Ethics Committee
The AHC Research Ethics Committee (AHC-REC) is an independent authoritative entity that is committed to ensure and promote ethical research at AHC through:
- Protecting the rights and safety of human participants in research studies.
- Performing risk benefit analysis of submitted research
- Enforcing participants’ confidentiality
- Assuring compliance with legal and institutional guidelines
- Ensuring that informed written consent is collected from research subjects
All research proposals and research related documents are submitted to the AHC-REC for the latter to assess the compliance with ethical standards and the adequate protection for human participants in the research.
The AHC-REC is registered with the Egypt Ministry of Health, the US Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) Institutional Review Board (IRB) and the Federal wide Assurance for the Protection of Human Subject (FWA)